Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Sad News

Last Friday, Jerry and I visited a pediatric neurologist to go over Brennan's medical tests. The neurologist was very honest and straighforward with us and we found out that Brennan has a very serious medical condition along with another possible serious lifelong underlying condition. For these reasons, we are not going to be able to continue with Brennan's adoption. For the privacy of Brennan, I have pulled his blog and am not going to list what his medical needs are. Our agency said that he will be put on the special needs waiting child list where a family who has experience with his condition and possibly the other one will be able to adopt him.

I have prayed a lot about this decision as it was a very difficult one. I had asked God to give us a clear answer on what to do and He did. Our family is doing okay and we know that we will get through this. We are back on the list for a new referral but I have not yet decided if I am going to post any information when we do get a referral, until after the baby is home.

Thank you to all who have said prayers for Brennan and for us. I ask you to continue to pray for him and his health.


Jay, Angela, and Laney said...

So sorry to hear this. I can only imagine how difficult this has been. Praying for all of you!

Linda from CA said...

I'm sorry you and your family had to go through this difficult process. Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving. Linda